How We're Organised
Synod Executive Committee
Statement on 377A
The Presbyterian Church in Singapore – Hiring Notice
The Presbyterian Church in Singapore invites applications from within our denomination to the position of
Executive – Communications. This position is open to our member churches.
The Executive – Communications shall assist the General Secretary and Senior Manager
in carrying out the communications and public relations functions in the execution of the Synod vision and mission,
through the managing of various communication platforms for internal and external communication,
in support of Synod's ministries and mission, narrating the PCS's story and bringing people together
in ways that build community.
Interested parties may send in your resume/CV to
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR EXECUTIVE - COMMUNICATIONS
JOB TITLE: EXECUTIVE - COMMUNICATIONS
REPORTS TO: GENERAL MANAGER & GENERAL SECRETARY
RESPONSIBLE FOR: COMMUNICATIONS & PUBLIC RELATIONS WORK
This job description should be considered as a guideline to the tasks required
of the post holder and in no way represents a comprehensive definition of the roles
and its expectations. All details here are subject to change and expansion.
The Executive - Communications is directly responsible to assist the General Secretary and General Manager
in carrying out for communications and public relations functions
in the execution of the Synod vision and mission.
To establish various communication platforms for the official internal and external communication,
publicity and public relations channel of the Synod of the Presbyterian Church in Singapore,
supporting the Synod's ministries and mission by narrating the PCS's story
and bringing people together in ways that build community.
Communications & Public Relations
- Responsible for planning and executing a communications plan to fulfill the job mission,
including the handling of all online or offline internal/external communication,
publicity and public relations issues of PCS and the local churches.
- Cover Synod, PCS and its Presbyteries and schools and church events and functions
to gather news for newsletters, website and archive purposes
(including taking photographs, videos and interviews).
- Work closely with all levels of staff, co-workers, churches, committees and organizations
to gather and communicate official news and information to promote PCS core values,
vision and mission, ministries and strategies to the churches.
- Establish and maintain PCS corporate identity with standard designs, logos and trademarks
for all PCS letterheads/forms, newsletters, website, publicity materials, church directory,
cards, name cards, gifts, souvenirs, CDs, and resource items
like ties, stoles, baptism certificates, membership books etc.
Website / Digital Management
- Design, maintain and update PCS website and its contents, insert/publish
current Synod and its Presbyteries' events periodically.
- Update directories and information regarding Synod Office, office bearers, member churches, etc.,
on the website.
- Seek out opportunities to build up Synod's digital presence, including the usage of website
and online platforms such as Google and Meta, and social media (see next section).
- Advice and/or assist churches in building up their digital presence
(e.g. website, social media page, etc.).
Publications & other media communications
- Responsible for developing and executing a communications plan for Synod's social media platforms,
including Facebook, Telegram, Instagram and YouTube channel,
to engage with the Synod's internal and external audience.
- Responsible for the publication of the quarterly Synod Newsletter (via electronic email or other media)
including its planning, collating, writing, editing, gathering of news/articles, translating,
designing, printing and distribution to churches.
- Responsible for the designing, writing and printing of all publicity materials
(e.g. poster, brochures, etc.) related to Synod or the Presbyteries events/functions.
Archive / Research of PCS Historical Events
- Develop and build up an archive of Synod, PCS and its Presbyteries' historical
and significant events/functions with write-ups and photographs and/or video footage.
- Maintain and label soft and hard copies of such archives/records for availability and future reference.
- Be involved in Synod's activities, projects, seminars etc.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the General Secretary/General Manager.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English and Chinese) are essential.
Able to translate between both languages.
- Possess creativity and able to relate with all levels of people, work independently and take initiative.
- Have a good understanding of and proficiency in digital media, such as web design/hosting
and management of social media platforms.
- Experience: Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in various media, communications,
planning and publications.
- Skills Preferred: Good computer knowledge in Microsoft Office
(Word, PowerPoint, Excel), designing software such as Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator,
and able to use social media as communication tool.
Skills in filming and video editing (e.g. Adobe Premiere Pro or equivalent) will be a plus.
- Qualification: Completion of tertiary education (e.g. diploma, degree) in relevant media,
IT or communications field